Turning Point has a Transition service funded by MSD. High needs students in their last year of schooling can access this service if they have been assessed under the “Ongoing Resourcing Schemes” (ORS). Schools are contacted near the end of the year to see if there are any students who qualify to participate in the Transition Service. Once eligibility has been confirmed by MSD, the Transition Vocational Coordinator works with the students to introduce them to appropriate job samples, work experiences, vocational or tertiary training once they leave secondary school.
1. Client Referral
- Obtain details, including personal, medical and Privacy Agreement signed
- Does client meet criteria for Transition Services?
2. Memorandum of Understanding
- Gain a written agreement to work with an eligible student
- Agreement to be signed by all parties including student, school, Coordinator and parents
3. Individualised Transition Plan
- Obtain preferences, interests, goals, stepts to achieve goals, time-frames, responsibilities, resources, support needs, monitoring and outcomes.
- Plan to be signed by all parties including student, school, Coordinator and parents
4. Work experience/vocational services/job trial
- Expose student to work experiences, job trials, vocational services that are relevant to their abilities and align with their goals in the Transition Plan
5. Transition Completion
- Outcomes are facilitated and documented